Our Recent News

How to Get Rid of Household Mold

If you suspect that you have household mould, it is best to seek professional help. There are a few steps that you can take. Firstly, you should ensure that your home is dry and free from water leaks. This is important as mould growth can occur in damp areas. Once the water has dried out, you should take the necessary steps to prevent mould growth. This may include fixing leaks or dry out water-damaged areas. These steps may involve hiring a professional mould remediation company.

Regularly clean your bathroom, kitchen and fridge with bleach to get rid of the mould. If you notice a mouldy fabric or rug, wash it in a hygiene laundry rinse. If the mouldy cloth or fabric is not removable, then dry clean it or shampoo it. If you cannot wash it, use a natural cleaning solution of vinegar, clove oil or bicarb. For wood surfaces, you can use hydrogen peroxide solution but be careful when handling it as the vapors can damage it.

The main types of household mould are fungi. Among them are Alternaria and Penicillium. Aspergillus is common in homes where there is moisture. These fungi produce mycotoxins, which can cause asthma and allergic reactions in susceptible individuals. The latter two species can cause a number of health problems, particularly among children. You should seek medical attention if you find any signs of this mould in your home.

You can also clean mould from clothes and clothing by using borax. Mix a part borax with ten parts water. Apply the solution to affected areas, and allow it to dry thoroughly. This solution won’t cause any further mould growth. However, you should make sure to dry the affected area completely before you continue cleaning it. This is important for both you and the environment. And, it is important to remember that bleach is extremely toxic, so always wear protective clothing and avoid contact with it if you are not a professional.

As with any allergen, you should see your doctor as soon as possible if you think you may be suffering from a mould allergy. Your doctor can diagnose whether you are allergic to mould by your symptoms and by your family’s history. The doctor may perform skin pricking tests and blood tests to check how your body reacts to common allergens, as well as a systemic fungal infection. For people with a weak immune system, mould exposure can lead to a range of serious health problems.

Regardless of the severity of your mould infestation, it’s crucial to find it and get rid of it. Remember to wear protective clothing and go through this process carefully. Even if you do not have the skills to remove mould, you can ensure that you stay safe and healthy by controlling the moisture and ventilation in your home. You can also use bio-enzyme-based cleaners to keep your home fresh. So, the next time you notice a problem, don’t be afraid to contact a professional and ask for advice.

Scroll to Top