The mould makes us common workpiece casting tools, and the application field of the mould is very wide. What bothers us is that during the use of the mould, some damage often occurs, which has a lot of damage to the manufacture of the workpiece. Damage, some precautionary measures need to be taken.
1.Good casting structure design
The wall thickness of the casting should be as uniform as possible to avoid the occurrence of thermal knots to reduce the thermal fatigue caused by the local heat concentration of the mould. There should be appropriate casting fillets at the corners of the casting to avoid stress caused by sharp corners on the mould.
2. Reasonable mould structure design
1) Each component in the mould should have sufficient rigidity and strength to withstand pressure without deformation. The mould wall thickness must be sufficient to reduce deformation.
2) The pouring system is designed to minimize the impact and erosion on the core.
3) Correctly select the tolerance fit and surface roughness of each component.
4) Maintain mould thermal balance.
3.Specify heat treatment process
The metallographic structure of the material can be changed by heat treatment to ensure the necessary strength, hardness, dimensional stability at high temperature, thermal fatigue resistance and material cutting performance.
Only the correct heat treatment process can get the best mould performance, and the performance of steel is controlled by quenching temperature and time, cooling rate and tempering temperature.
4.Die-casting production process control
1) Temperature control: the preheating temperature and working temperature of the mould; the casting temperature of the alloy, under the premise of ensuring good moulding, use a lower casting temperature.
2) Reasonable die-casting process: specific pressure and filling speed.
3) Adjust the clamping force of the machine to make the mould load uniform. Pay attention to cleaning the residual debris on the surface of the mould, so as not to cause uneven force on the surface of the mould when the mould is closed, causing deformation.
4) Strict control of alloy melting to reduce gas in metal liquid.
5.Maintenance and maintenance of moulds;
1) Regularly eliminate stress;
2) mould repair.