The structure of precision stamping molds is related to the accuracy and quality of precision stamping parts, but we often overlook the safety of stamping molds. Safety is also an issue that we must consider when designing stamping molds. The following is a summary of some of the design safety issues used in molds.
1. First of all, the structure should be as easy as possible to ensure the convenience of feeding, ordering, discharging, and cleaning up waste.
2. For the processing of large precision stamping parts, if the operator must manually enter the mold to work, the scope of the mold should be reduced as much as possible, the time that a certain part of the body stays in the mold should be as short as possible, and the danger zone of the mold should be clearly defined. , Equipped with necessary protective measures and devices.
3. For the processing of small precision stamping parts, it is strictly forbidden for the operator’s fingers, wrist or other parts of the body to reach into the mold area for operation;
4. The mold design should indicate the mold weight on the general drawing to facilitate installation and ensure safety.
5. Lifting and handling measures should be adopted for the processing of parts over 20 kg to reduce labor intensity.
6. When assembling and disassembling mold parts, it should be convenient and safe to avoid the possibility of pinching or cutting hands; the mold should be easy to disassemble and store.
7. It is not allowed to produce waste or workpiece missiles in the process of processing precision stamping parts, which will affect the attention of the operator or even injure the operator.
8. Excessive and difficult actions during homework are not allowed.
9. Try to avoid strong noise and vibration during stamping.
10. The various parts on the mold should have sufficient strength and rigidity to prevent damage and deformation during use. The fastening parts should have anti-loose measures to avoid accidental injury to the operator.
11. Avoid cuts from burrs on precision stamping parts. The operator is not allowed to have too much movement range during the punching operation, and avoid the posture that makes the body lose stability.
In short, even minor problems in the mold will affect safety. Only by analyzing the specific problems in each operation can the safety precautions in the precision stamping mold be put forward.